Coral-box wifi pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am missing something on configuring my dosing pump. I configured wifi, run calibration, set to daily dosing, set timer, set to auto mode. All look good, but there is no daily dosing. Manual dosing works just fine. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am missing something on configuring my dosing pump. I configured wifi, run calibration, set to daily dosing, set timer, set to auto mode. All look good, but there is no daily dosing. Manual dosing works just fine. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi!

A couple of things to check.

1) Make sure the daily dosing intervals are set to 0.
2) Make sure you have selected at least 1 time slot for each channel you wish to come on in the hourly settings menu
3) Make sure that no 2 channels are set to dose at exactly the same time.
4) Make sure that in advanced, you have selected "run auto when quit" (not exact wording! Just look for a similar option)

If you can provide some screenshots of the programming pages that will help.

Another thing- be sure to set your dosing reservoir volume! Your pump will not run if it thinks the reservoir is empty to avoid running dry.

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

A couple of things to check.

1) Make sure the daily dosing intervals are set to 0.
2) Make sure you have selected at least 1 time slot for each channel you wish to come on in the hourly settings menu
3) Make sure that no 2 channels are set to dose at exactly the same time.
4) Make sure that in advanced, you have selected "run auto when quit" (not exact wording! Just look for a similar option)

If you can provide some screenshots of the programming pages that will help.

Another thing- be sure to set your dosing reservoir volume! Your pump will not run if it thinks the reservoir is empty to avoid running dry.

1) Was set to 1. Changed to 0.
2) Yes, have that
3) Yes, have that. Set at 10, 20, 30 and 40
4) Yes, have that
Dosing volume set, that is how I am monitoring that I have no daily dosing.

Will provide update after today's run.

Thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders Looks like that did the trick and pump is dosing as it should. :)
Thanks a lot!

Awesome! Did you see anything in particular that did the trick? Just in case we have someone with a similar issue, it can help us narrow it down faster.

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was # 1 - I assumed that you need to set at least 1 dosing per day. Setting daily dosing 0 zero did not made a much sense in my head and documentation was locking. But, surely did the trick and all is working as expected. Better documentation or video showing all of the configuration steps would be awesome, as the doser is great.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was # 1 - I assumed that you need to set at least 1 dosing per day. Setting daily dosing 0 zero did not made a much sense in my head and documentation was locking. But, surely did the trick and all is working as expected. Better documentation or video showing all of the configuration steps would be awesome, as the doser is great.

We do have a video up but it is for the previous version of the app, they just changed it. We are working on a new video with the updated app.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We do have a video up but it is for the previous version of the app, they just changed it. We are working on a new video with the updated app.

@reefbreeders.

Do you know the reservoir and daily dosing max values?

I have a kalk reactor hooked up to the doser and want to set the daily dosing for 2 gallons a day. Looks like it won’t accept such a large number ie 7570 ml

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefbreeders.

Do you know the reservoir and daily dosing max values?

I have a kalk reactor hooked up to the doser and want to set the daily dosing for 2 gallons a day. Looks like it won’t accept such a large number ie 7570 ml

Good question! I am not sure on the maximum software value. However, the maximum recommended daily dosage is about 1 liter. These dosing pumps are small and not really designed to handle larger volumes, the average user doses between 1-100ml per day on each channel.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good question! I am not sure on the maximum software value. However, the maximum recommended daily dosage is about 1 liter. These dosing pumps are small and not really designed to handle larger volumes, the average user doses between 1-100ml per day on each channel.

Ha ok. It’s glitchy when I entered big numbers for reservoir values. Sometimes I’ll enter 20000 ml and then when I go to save it it reverts to some crazy number.

I love how one of the values it looks like the max is 255 but when the error pops up it’s written as 2550 haha. I work in software QA so this stuff sticks out to me.

Overall I love this doser so far. Took a little time to get the calibration to hold and playing around with check valves etc, but overall quite happy so far.

Back