Coral care forum

shanescycling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a simple “facts” forum just dedicated to helping reefers with general care information on main coral classes. There are currently different coral forums but I don’t see any that have the information I was looking for.
format idea:
Stickies threads for each main coral families ir chalice, scans, blastos, torches

First post would be good general information about the coral ie:
Flow preference
Lightning preference
Chemistry ranges (like leather do better in higher nitrate ranges than say acros)
Feeding instructions:

have polls for readers to vote on flow (high, medium, low) and lighting (high par 300+, medium, low)
Then maybe ONLY allow sponsors or vetted users to post in the threads. I say sponsors as it would be nice to see what they keep their corals under as people look to acclimate post live sales when that information isn’t typically on their pages.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back