Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE DON'T SAY NUDIBRANCH, ISN'T 100%

Got this yesterday from LFS (it was on a LR with another coral as a hitchhiker) It's reacting to the light very fast (almost follow the light from the torch. crawling after), it's fast moving (about 5-6cm / 2-2.5" for 2 minutes) it's like bush :D and the tentacles are very sticky similar to the ball anemone (mushroom).
I'll upload many photos, and will drop LINK with much more and some videos. At the moment it's near 1/2 big. It have similar to the anemones behaviour, can't say more about it.

IMG_7252.jpg IMG_7255.jpg IMG_7256.jpg IMG_7258.jpg IMG_7259.jpg IMG_7260.jpg IMG_7261.jpg IMG_7263.jpg IMG_7267.jpg IMG_7319.jpg IMG_7321.jpg IMG_7322.jpg IMG_7324.jpg IMG_7328.jpg IMG_7353.jpg IMG_7358.jpg IMG_7362.jpg IMG_7365.jpg IMG_7367.jpg

(edit)
FEW ZOOMED images:
IMG_7324.jpg
IMG_7258.jpg

The MOUTH on the middle of the disk (saw it to open it once)
IMG_7362.jpg

(end Edit)

Hope you aren't tired from that many photos, just in case here more ->PHOTOS and few VIDEOS<-

Thank you in Advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7279.MOV
    45.3 MB
  • IMG_7300.MOV
    29.1 MB
  • IMG_7306.MOV
    52 MB
Last edited:

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this yesterday from LFS (it was on a LR with another coral as a hitchhiker) It's reacting to the light very fast (almost follow the light from the torch. crawling after), it's fast moving (about 5-6cm / 2-2.5" for 2 minutes) it's like bush :D and the tentacles are very sticky similar to the ball anemone (mushroom).
I'll upload many photos, and will drop LINK with much more and some videos. At the moment it's near 1/2 big. It have similar to the anemones behaviour, can't say more about it.

IMG_7252.jpg IMG_7255.jpg IMG_7256.jpg IMG_7258.jpg IMG_7259.jpg IMG_7260.jpg IMG_7261.jpg IMG_7263.jpg IMG_7267.jpg IMG_7319.jpg IMG_7321.jpg IMG_7322.jpg IMG_7324.jpg IMG_7328.jpg IMG_7353.jpg IMG_7358.jpg IMG_7362.jpg IMG_7365.jpg IMG_7367.jpg

Hope you aren't tired from that many photos, just in case here more ->PHOTOS and few VIDEOS<-

Thank you in Advance.
Looks like a nudibranch.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nudibranch.
but isn't, check please the photos, it look like anemone, close to the aiptasia, but isn't slug, for a while I was think the same before I take the torch and see how it's sliding :D

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it moves - it is likely a nudibrach. most that i've ever heard of eat various corals. if you got it on a coral, that is probably what it eats. i would suggest dipping the coral.. and disposing of the "pest".

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it moves - it is likely a nudibrach. most that i've ever heard of eat various corals. if you got it on a coral, that is probably what it eats. i would suggest dipping the coral.. and disposing of the "pest".
OPS!
Please Please, READ the post and the OP post mainly!
Sorry mate, isn't only you not reading, and only after some photos and 2 posts is giving answer. Sorry, don't accept it personally !
I do explain it at all and completely, ISN'T slug! Just Follow the light and it's moving VERY FAST! Do the Aiptasia and few other corals (animals) are nudibranchs ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like a Phestilla nudibranch and is harmful to coral mainly SPS
REMOVE FROM TANK

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Phestilla nudibranch and is harmful to coral mainly SPS
REMOVE FROM TANK
@vetteguy53081 ?! I agree it's LOOKING like, but have a look PLEASE, I explain it already. now it stay in a quarantine bag with the coral it come in and few others. It stay on the place where I left it in, after it settle with tentacles to the light isn't move since 3hr

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 ?! I agree it's LOOKING like, but have a look PLEASE, I explain it already. now it stay in a quarantine bag with the coral it come in and few others. It stay on the place where I left it in, after it settle with tentacles to the light isn't move since 3hr
I believe it responds to low light and best to observe to see if it comes back to life

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OPS!
Please Please, READ the post and the OP post mainly!
Sorry mate, isn't only you not reading, and only after some photos and 2 posts is giving answer. Sorry, don't accept it personally !
I do explain it at all and completely, ISN'T slug! Just Follow the light and it's moving VERY FAST! Do the Aiptasia and few other corals (animals) are nudibranchs ?
i thought for a second that it could be some weird anenome until you said it moved.. it is defintiely a slug of some sort.. either a nudi or weird sea hare.. its hard to tell from the picks... but i would still bet nudi.. and yes, i read your post.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i thought for a second that it could be some weird anenome until you said it moved.. it is defintiely a slug of some sort.. either a nudi or weird sea hare.. its hard to tell from the picks... but i would still bet nudi.. and yes, i read your post.
Sorry, can't keep more mate! I'm not in the hobby since week ago and believe me or not have some nudi which I grow, have checking 90% of the forum about the hitchhikers since year and half ago (at least). Here is the main where I'm looking and writing and discussing. I know what's SLUG for the got sake , sorry, that's unacceptable!

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, can't keep more mate! I'm not in the hobby since week ago and believe me or not have some nudi which I grow, have checking 90% of the forum about the hitchhikers since year and half ago (at least). Here is the main where I'm looking and writing and discussing. I know what's SLUG for the got sake , sorry, that's unacceptable!
lol. good luck.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tritoniopsis elegans
LoL
Sorry, isn't if you really look on the attachments (16 here and 3 Videos, which aren't zoomed), and at the end I post LINK with all 66, you will see you CAN'T match it to SLUG :)

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For someone who doesn't know what it is, you seems awfully confident that you know what it is not. Why the reluctance to accept that it is a nudibranch? Because that is indeed what it is.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For someone who doesn't know what it is, you seems awfully confident that you know what it is not. Why the reluctance to accept that it is a nudibranch? Because that is indeed what it is.
IT IS NOT A NUDIBRANCH (but it is... :) ) -

who knows, I used to breed Berghia nudi's, but what do i know.

truth is, i don't know what it is - lots of pics, but still hard to see - no fault of OP.. its hard to take pics at all the right angles.

i've had saltwater fish and reef tanks for the last 30 years... there is a lot i don't know... but i would like to say I am not a noob (but maybe i am...)

:)

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you saw the photos ? Or I have to keep going to EXPLAIN to EVERYONE ISN'T SLUG !!!
Check there is a DISK, there is a MOUTH on that DISK, It stick to the glass like ANEMONE, it have CIRCULAR STALK.
Honestly, because of people who don't read I update the post few times (one-2 to make mistake ok, can accept it) but after I SAY ISN'T NUDI, so isn't. C'mon Please, if you don't know what is it, don't just say that after is discussed already. PLEASE ! I start to sound rude, SORRY !

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back