Coral/creature ID ? Anemone or ?

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you saw the photos ? Or I have to keep going to EXPLAIN to EVERYONE ISN'T SLUG !!!
Check there is a DISK, there is a MOUTH on that DISK, It stick to the glass like ANEMONE, it have CIRCULAR STALK.
Honestly, because of people who don't read I update the post few times (one-2 to make mistake ok, can accept it) but after I SAY ISN'T NUDI, so isn't. C'mon Please, if you don't know what is it, don't just say that after is discussed already. PLEASE ! I start to sound rude, SORRY !
yes we saw your photos and read your post.. which also asked what it is...

i suppose it could be a branching anenome (if you are so confident).. they do exist. I have just never seen an anenome react so violently to light.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT IS NOT A NUDIBRANCH (but it is... :) ) -

who knows, I used to breed Berghia nudi's, but what do i know.

truth is, i don't know what it is - lots of pics, but still hard to see - no fault of OP.. its hard to take pics at all the right angles.

i've had saltwater fish and reef tanks for the last 30 years... there is a lot i don't know... but i would like to say I am not a noob (but maybe i am...)

:)
Mate I'm keep answering, because I don't say you are noob, I breed Berghia nudis at the moment (start week ago).
I'm new to the hobby about 3 years, I understand and see you don't know it, and can agree it and accept it, just can't accept to repeat something which I can't confirm. :)
Get me properly, isn't only one giving false answers, I done my best with the photos, lights, description etc.
If at the end of the day it CONVERT itself to be slug you have bottle of whisky from me (max 18years), whichever you wish !!!
And really please don't say its nudi, I respect all the animals but ....

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i suppose it could be a branching anenome (if you are so confident).. they do exist. I have just never seen an anenome react so violently to light.
that about the light is the confusing point, but isn't going away to hide, it's following the light

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that about the light is the confusing point, but isn't going away to hide, it's following the light
i think that is my point.. have you ever seen an anenome follow light? I mean yes, they may close or open, but follow?

maybe its an alien sea creature. please send me my bottle of whisky while you still can... that thing may overgrow the tank in the middle of the night and devour everything in your home... (just saying.. send whisky)

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that is my point.. have you ever seen an anenome follow light? I mean yes, they may close or open, but follow?

maybe its an alien sea creature. please send me my bottle of whisky while you still can... that thing may overgrow the tank in the middle of the night and devour everything in your home... (just saying.. send whisky)
Funny, isn't ? Really I see almost every day something new in the "Hitchhiker & Critter ID " but when I can't ID it, or someone say it's different from what I think, and I can't approve it I say sorry or don't continue to keep my wrong mind. And yep, like alien ;) For the last 36+ hrs isn't overgrowing the tank ;)
After someone who really know it and confirm it's nudi/slug and I can match it somewhere (anywhere), you will get the bottle I PROMISE !

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can't find the same, it's a bit similar to the branching anemones, found 2 which are very close, but not the same, so can be branching one, have to figure it out what SP then (if it's that)

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mouth here (on the middle on the disk)
IMG_7362.jpg
IMG_7258.jpg
IMG_7324.jpg

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this article. At the end it gives a list of species of nudibranch which also use light for an energy source. That looks like a nudi to me.

Look up some of those species and see what you find.

7ED72D59-1F88-4B99-982D-650C63B83135.png

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this article. At the end it gives a list of species of nudibranch which also use light for an energy source. That looks like a nudi to me.

Look up some of those species and see what you find.

7ED72D59-1F88-4B99-982D-650C63B83135.png
Thank you, but isn't we found it (the post before your one mate), in my answer I drop a link, it's completely like on the IMG.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the vids but you say it’s crawling? It’s moving correct?
you know usually the anemones are moving, that do the same, but it's really fast moving, isn't like the usual anemone speed

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll drop it in my tank with Aiptasia (have 6 different Aiptasia SP) and it's looking good ;)
I don't think it will overgrow or damage the other pest anemone, but if it start isn't problem, have back :)

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just to say sorry if I sound bad to you, but isn't slug, it's anemone, another pest like Aiptasia.

LINK

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back