OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those corals I wouldnt really worry about amino acid dosing. More important is keeping levels stable and within known range of ideal water parameters. Nitrate, phosphate, calcium and alkalinity are the most important to have good test kits for (not API test kits). Magnesium is good to have too but i dont feel it is as important to test as frequently as the others. Good test kits include hanna, red sea pro, salifert, etc.

When looking, search up your cities water quality and what they add to the water. If they add chloromines you need a specific carbon filter for that but not everywhere uses chloromines
my city water is horrible. I wouldn’t even attempt to use it for freshwater tanks

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my city water is horrible. I wouldn’t even attempt to use it for freshwater tanks
Then a tds meter might be helpful to get as well. I dont trust the inline tds meters at all. You can use it to test your LFS rodi water in the meantime as well while you save up a little for the whole rodi unit. These units below are pretty good price to performace for moderate tds in water and no chloromines. For chloromines you usually want to add 1 more cartridge (so 5 stage system). I would always get one with a pressure valve as it is important to know for the system to run properly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back