Coral Food Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Striike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Striike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
260
Reaction score
131
Location
Chattanooga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, hoping to get some feed back on what the more experienced reefers use for feeding their corals. Name brand, type, rotation. There is a lot of information on the web, but no one agrees with each other. I am beginning to stock more corals in my tank, and I want to skip over trial and error, and go straight to the good stuff.

Any advice is appreciated.
 
Direct feed pe mysis to lps, other than that I never fed my corals anything except what got past the fish. That worked GREAT for me for a year.. then I moved, upgraded tanks, lost all my fish and things started going south from there... oh yeah direct feed anemonees too :p. Maybe with uber high end sps it would matter, but the acro, digitata, and stylo in my tank did great for 6 months with no direct feedings
 
My rule of thumb is variety. I feed alot of Rods Food which has everything in it. But I also feed alot of cyclopeze, rotifers, DTs phytoplankton, PE mysis, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp. I have alot of frozen foods and just feed whatever i am in the mood for that day. Dont get carried away with feeding your corals though or your water quality will be a problem, I try and feed my corals twice a week heavily. And keep in mind alot of corals dont require any feeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new