Coral help before i quit this hobby again.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright let's get back to some tank stuff without all the other. Lol. Trying to answers ur questions. The coral qt is probably gonna be an ongoing thing for me until I quit buying corals so whatever that means AND PLEASE I don't want to get into the debate on qt tanks. It's just what I'm gonna do. I never qt'd 12 years ago and I regret that decision.

As I found out, as another had suggested, my par meter was reading waaaay low and I thought it was just because my light was a decade old. I'd like to say I light acclimated...I had them around 40-50 but it turns out they were closer to 200. They were under that light for about 2 weeks. I have acclimated them to this new light though and hoping they will bounce back.

Doing an iodine dip today...another suggestion...that I am on board with. Definitely had the flow too high on them...yet another suggestion that I'm on board with. Water changes are something that I don't mind doing mainly why I only got a 40g AIO DT. DT has no light...4 month thing I'm doing and actually love that cuz I'm totally enjoying my fish! So that won't be till February.

Qt tank finally showing algea which I'm happy about. Picked up some legit live rock for it from a friend as well.

To answer the question about my main concerns, well, I was just ticked I guess. Bad day? Probably. Had some real **** patients that day and came to to closed up zoas and lost it. Lol. I know stuff will not make it but just wanted thoughts and direction. Things will bounce back or maybe they won't but I don't do well with rookie mistakes and apparently I'd already made a few so much appreciated to the ones that helped. I'll do a build thread one day cuz I ain't giving up! Sorry to seem dramatic with my initial post lol.
Trust me, I own a couple retail businesses....I get having a bad day and a bad reef day mixed in. One of my tanks is in my office and I had major issues awhile back. It was crushing. Keep doing what you are doing and give it time. I believe the light change is prob. the culprit if all else has been stable.

OP
OP
RBarth

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thing about about my qt under my cabinet is all I gotta do is look up and see why i love this! My flamehawk is my boy...trips me out.

Attachments

• 20211210_134430.jpg
    20211210_134430.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 26

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back