Coral help

Clayton07smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip the small talk. I have a newly setup Red Sea max nano 20g. I have a green stylo, eagle eye zoa’s, and a green hammer. My stylo is doing great and my zoas where to until I moved the rocks around and put them under some stress. After moving the rocks only 2-3 of my zoas come out and my hammer is shriveled up and it has almost been 24hours. The water is a little cloudy, maybe a bacterial bloom? I’ve tested my water and everything is perfect. I did not test my alk or anything else just your basic ammonia, ph, nitrite and nitrate. Any knowledge you all could maybe share?

OP
OP
Clayton07smith

Clayton07smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip the small talk. I have a newly setup Red Sea max nano 20g. I have a green stylo, eagle eye zoa’s, and a green hammer. My stylo is doing great and my zoas where to until I moved the rocks around and put them under some stress. After moving the rocks only 2-3 of my zoas come out and my hammer is shriveled up and it has almost been 24hours. The water is a little cloudy, maybe a bacterial bloom? I’ve tested my water and everything is perfect. I did not test my alk or anything else just your basic ammonia, ph, nitrite and nitrate. Any knowledge you all could maybe share?
I put the hammer in yesterday after rearranging some rock work

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's only been 24 hours, that's quite normal.specially considering that it is a newly setup tank. If it does not improve in 3rd day then you can start to think of solutions..

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back