Coral Hitch hiker ID

66cts

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
16
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a aquacultured ORA Vargas Cespitularia and these strange acorn looking things are growing on the frag, I know they’re alive since I’ve occasionally seen them come out and retract
66FBE482-44DF-4A06-8D15-E70D247DEC97.jpeg
 
Looks like Kenya tree that has been irritated.
 
Looks like Kenya tree that has been irritated.
Thanks for the fast response! I’m new to saltwater/reefing, I figured there’s a lot more knowledgeable people on here rather than my LFS
 
See if you can move it to another frag plug
 
Thanks for the fast response! I’m new to saltwater/reefing, I figured there’s a lot more knowledgeable people on here rather than my LFS

Were happy to help and have you here!
 
Every soft coral is somewhat toxic - gloves and goggles always a good idea for softies
 
I agree with kenya tree. Before you decide to keep it be aware that they grow quickly and can spread in your tank. I have one that I put in mine that is now dropping pieces of it that I have to watch for and remove. I like the movement from it but I regret putting it in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new