Coral Hitchhiker

magicstix

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
58
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this coral on some Florida aquacultured rock:
EkMzQVXckln28YydgGUEc244tuEjmfsANlSz4jDPOKaKj4RSot_BgyDycTkvd7Gv4MuihKjHbBhnB_s0ZmpBOggBJinKrRPDJEWG-XW2ClegdYB7AON93WxjlnYQguCem6JYKqO_Aw52E98g3Hi5c1BoXipsg0uiHfNKGAV-ydeBtp0oE5xUQ2f3jB-2UvH5L6jVfN_Umscfld6haL7-5zBGjwbwmDd2C22AqXKtuMCDz3aq01_DmvzDrQonBqmMoPwtct0sisXuUGd5K4FPqCu8Q0GSUa86DWb0GQ1bPaMz9h_Vflm8neRHLO7JC5LXW9wONWtcVyqmfe6IPm_5dKS7ITsHSKAiZRMu0cMlcQVGjpLvn2OCS8QCiN4r4HFsaoFSsj2fk4ln0bmbTGwymTQjv1F6otBlWO49h3DvcUrObIQiRhmd4l4WHqF4NqfgaWknyWe-V63uhfx2HtT0H5H2V3rDb9phunKYGhTob7_4W70a-UMwIAV9zNsG8fXp3w02mRrdrxBsLzhDlAtuSJCZ4NDq1-YFaxYsc2f8l_wl5FOuCKdSoK41fTNiOqn2v63gbBSRaH8DHYhnz5fbsTVkKZplJIO0c-Tem67KGm54l51IxoMWf_GgV8d3TtSZU2te5RxYGtD6dPF5Yi0MiwlUxJw3fc1gb4G2dBevSg=w1330-h998-no

This was about the best quality I could get with my cell phone camera. If anyone needs a better shot I'll see if my DSLR can render it better.

Skeleton appears brownish/orange and polyps are green and fluoresce under actinic. The polyps haven't fully extended yet (obviously).

Anyone have an ID?
 
I just found this coral on some Florida aquacultured rock:
EkMzQVXckln28YydgGUEc244tuEjmfsANlSz4jDPOKaKj4RSot_BgyDycTkvd7Gv4MuihKjHbBhnB_s0ZmpBOggBJinKrRPDJEWG-XW2ClegdYB7AON93WxjlnYQguCem6JYKqO_Aw52E98g3Hi5c1BoXipsg0uiHfNKGAV-ydeBtp0oE5xUQ2f3jB-2UvH5L6jVfN_Umscfld6haL7-5zBGjwbwmDd2C22AqXKtuMCDz3aq01_DmvzDrQonBqmMoPwtct0sisXuUGd5K4FPqCu8Q0GSUa86DWb0GQ1bPaMz9h_Vflm8neRHLO7JC5LXW9wONWtcVyqmfe6IPm_5dKS7ITsHSKAiZRMu0cMlcQVGjpLvn2OCS8QCiN4r4HFsaoFSsj2fk4ln0bmbTGwymTQjv1F6otBlWO49h3DvcUrObIQiRhmd4l4WHqF4NqfgaWknyWe-V63uhfx2HtT0H5H2V3rDb9phunKYGhTob7_4W70a-UMwIAV9zNsG8fXp3w02mRrdrxBsLzhDlAtuSJCZ4NDq1-YFaxYsc2f8l_wl5FOuCKdSoK41fTNiOqn2v63gbBSRaH8DHYhnz5fbsTVkKZplJIO0c-Tem67KGm54l51IxoMWf_GgV8d3TtSZU2te5RxYGtD6dPF5Yi0MiwlUxJw3fc1gb4G2dBevSg=w1330-h998-no

This was about the best quality I could get with my cell phone camera. If anyone needs a better shot I'll see if my DSLR can render it better.

Skeleton appears brownish/orange and polyps are green and fluoresce under actinic. The polyps haven't fully extended yet (obviously).

Anyone have an ID?
Hey! Did you maybe do a build thread so we can see what ya got? :D
 
Cup coral.
 
I shouldn't even respond because my id skills are sub par. But to me it looks like a nice sized acan colony. I'm sure someone will come up with the correct answer but I tried.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new