Coral ID please?

MikeTheNewbie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
452
Reaction score
272
Location
Michigan
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I got this for free at a recent frag swap and forgot to ask for its name.
Can anyone help me ID it? The first picture is in windex mode (no filters) and the next ones are with an orange filter.
Thanks for the help!
20211015_170037.jpg
20211015_170047.jpg
20211015_170054.jpg
 
I think @Cell is right with the Psammocora. I checked out a video from Tidal Gardens and I noticed the tentacles had a different color on their tips. I didn't think mine were like that until I went to check with the phone at 5x zoom.
The tips are so small that I can't see them with a naked eye.
What makes you say they are unhappy? How would a happy psammocora look like?
If it looks unhappy, I think it might be due to low light. At this moment I'm keeping it towards the bottom of a 20gal frag/quarantine tank and I just learned from the Tidal Gardens video that they like medium-high light.
I could move it up and try to gauge the reaction. What should I look for in terms of a reaction?
Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new