Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ober_Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ober_Reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Messages
655
Reaction score
398
Location
Eastern Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

This was listed as Jack O’Lantern coral and I paid $50 for it. When I looked online I didn’t find anything. Just curious on the ID and care tips, looks a lot more highlighter orange under heavy blues at my LFS.

Interestingly enough it was sitting straight up and not on a plug.

D52BA634-16E8-4EA1-ADF2-BA503D952F66.jpeg 10319112-15DE-493F-B5DD-D0A715F53378.jpeg
 
Kinda looks like it could be a Favites. But I really don’t know. Might need a better picture, in white light.
 
psammacora coral
 

Jack-O-Lantern Leptoseris​

 
Doesn't look like my Jack-o-lantern Lepto, but tank conditions, lighting, etc... can affect what any coral looks like.
 
Doesn’t look like a lepto. It doesn’t have the typical striations between mouths. And doesn’t have the ridge pattern.

beyond that, I defer to the more experienced
 
Agree with the Others, It is Defs not a Lepto Jack-o-lantern.

It IS a Very nice yellow but, which is something I don't see every day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new