Coral ID

it really does have that shape doesn't it but it's rubbery like hard rubber and when disturbed all its polyps and branches retract. its rubbery like an eraser or tyre. so far this has been the factor that's puzzled everyone. like it looks like an sps but it isn't even a stoney coral I'll try to get a video later of. but yeah it feels like a hard rubber toy
if its truly soft. look at these three:
Purple soft finger
Carnation coral
Dendronephthya
 
I do believe that's it. unusual for it to show up here as the impirt of corals to Australia is illegal so probably not something I'll see come up for sale again here
I have one (got it from Cuttlefish that was previously linked). One of my fave "party trick" corals ;)
 
It's nor a Stylophora or any other sort of Pocilloporid; it looks like some sort of soft coral. Doesn't look like any Sarcophytid leather I know of, though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new