Coral in Frag Rack

  • Thread starter Thread starter tarmer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tarmer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
27
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small Fluval 2.6 gallon tank that will be coral and invert only...

Due to the size and trying to keep soft and hard apart and make better use of the space - I was wondering if it was possible to leave frags in racks
Forever- I would imagine that it will work as they would probably just try to encrust the rack but would it work

also does it make a difference if they are hard or soft

thanks for help !!
 
I would go with soft corals, easier to keep in a small set up. keeping them on plugs on a rack is fine, they'll eventually grow off it though if you don't propagate
 
I would go with soft corals, easier to keep in a small set up. keeping them on plugs on a rack is fine, they'll eventually grow off it though if you don't propagate
Thank you... but why would they grow off, wouldn’t they just grow over the plug and the rack as though it was rock ?

I was thinking of putting on back wall and letting them grow...
 
If all conditions are good it should work fine in theory. Keep in mind that they will grow over the plug and rack, and into each other. And keep going. In a tank that size, whether SPS or softies, you'll have to trim them often. Most of my colonies (SPS/LPS/SOFT) wouldn't physically fit in a 2.6 gallon tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new