coral nipping file fish??

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have been 70% well behaved. Of those 30% that weren’t, 15% ate Aiptasia and majano exclusively before. I simply removed them with a net at night. They hide at the top of the tank by the power head so they’re really easy to remove IME

Jeff Hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of bad reports for file file fish. My next choice would be a peppermint shrimp. I don't want a peppermint I want a cleaner shrimp. it would go into a 75 dedicated for small peaceful fish . No wrasses at least not one big enough to kill the shrimp. I'm looking for a long term critter that will take care of the few I have now & any future apasita that pop up .
any good news out there?
Watch out for peppermint shrimp they eat coral too. Had a couple that loved to eat aptasia, but also loved acans.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine loves acro polyps and never touched Aiptasia. I easily caught it and returned it.

My last ditch effort was a CBB that just this week has started accepting frozen food and is eating Aiptasia right in front of me.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two file fish in my tank. They love Aiptasia, they love my zoas and acans as well. They are on there way out. There fish are like a hired hit man that turns on you. Yeah they do what you hire them for, then they turn the guns on you. SMH.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back