Coral Pics

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
906
Location
Hartford County, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sharing some coral photos I took when I was snapping some shots for the R2R growout challenge.


Corals from Collins Swap:


Blasto on left from Frost and on right from the swap picks:



EFC Green Lepto won at the Raffle at Collin's Swap:



Pics from Frag Tank:







 





The original Blasto colony from which Franky named his frag the "Red Velvet" Blasto..





Anyone know what zoa this is?

 
Those zoas look like pink cat eye of some sort. Cat eye jokers, mcc cat eyes look close. Found those on a Google search. They lo very similar to some I got from franky.
 
Nice pics! What camera did you use and processing or did you shoot under white light? I'm starting to remember you looking for the avast porthole awhile back.
 
Nice pics! What camera did you use and processing or did you shoot under white light? I'm starting to remember you looking for the avast porthole awhile back.

I used a Canon Rebel dslr. It's an older model. Only a 6mp. With a macro lens. Shot under an 8bulb T5 fixture (8blue plus 2 fiji purple). All images were adjusted very slightly to get rid of some of the blue. All look pretty spot on except pic 3 in post 3. I used adobe photoshop elements, remove color cast...which just warms the tones up and gets rid of some of the blue hue.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new