Coral placement / aquascape help?

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my tank front and side. I feel that it's a bunch of small frags and looks really messy. Any tips on how to balance it out more?

I've heard:
1. Move torchs to top left corner and top right corner.
2. Zoa and lps garden where the torches are now.

See my build thread for the bare aquascape. Thoughts on moving right structure forward and add another higher step where the green slimer is now?

20211207_132708.jpg 20211207_134012.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my tank front and side. I feel that it's a bunch of small frags and looks really messy. Any tips on how to balance it out more?

I've heard:
1. Move torchs to top left corner and top right corner.
2. Zoa and lps garden where the torches are now.

See my build thread for the bare aquascape. Thoughts on moving right structure forward and add another higher step where the green slimer is now?

20211207_132708.jpg 20211207_134012.jpg
Your tank looks great.

My suggestion - your corals are going to grow - and your problem will be solved. When you start moving things around it usually causes more problems and issues.

That said - this is your tank - I don't think there are a lot of things to 'do' myself - But if I were - I would leave everything on the rock alone, perhaps move the torches to the center - on the bottom - and move all of the rest off the sand (somehow) - OR - group it more - You have a build that looks a lot like mine - with the table rock.

Good luck. Again - IMHO - your tank looks great

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, your tank looks fantastic! I wish I could achieve what you have right now! The only thing I'd say is, move the torches (like you mentioned) and then maybe create a zoa garden, front and center, on the sandbed.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
becareful if you move torches up as they do sting. Maybe just group things on the sand neater. Zoas in one area, torches in another. Or torches in middle and zoas on each side. Looks great.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back