Coral placement , first time aquascaper

  • Thread starter Thread starter newreeferr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2023
Messages
93
Reaction score
43
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a stock fluval light have had very nice growth with the hammers I have had for awhile. Just got a group of new coral just hesitant on where to put them but want to sooner then later so my conch doesn’t mess with them. First time can you place corals at an angle like or should it be place straight up and down? And how far up with the stock light could I place hammers and my other corals.

image.jpg
 
Just give your hammers space from other corals. You shouldn’t have a problem with hammer’s touching each other but they can be aggressive to other stuff.

You can definitely mount corals sideways or angled! I think your Duncan and candy canes are friendly to most anything else so no worry’s there.
 
Should I keep my Zoas away from my hammers ?
 
And how high can I place corals with the stock fluval light
 
And how high can I place corals with the stock fluval light
You'll need to use a par meter to determine what your light produces at different depths. You can also look up the light requirements for hammers (since you say yours are doing well) and extrapolate from there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new