Coral Placement Thoughts

Agsellers04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on my coral placement in the attached photo. The tank is a 55g. The powerhead on the right is an 800gph and on the right is a 565gph and 480gph. The water jets in the rear cycle about 150gph. I run a Joyhill LED strip with 3 Blue LED strips and 2 movable LED lamps in the rear.

I would really appreciate any feedback you may have on how I have my corals placed. I have been moving them around here and there seeing what works best and also toying with my flow placement to see what works best.

Thanks!
Aquarium May 2020 Labeled.jpg

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thoughts I have are as your SPS fill out are they going to shadow what’s on the rocks below. It’s hard to see depth in pictures so these corals may be sticking out more and the fine. The only other thing are the BTA. You can put them there but be prepared for them to move where they want

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Encrusting montis can really spread once they get going. I personnally try to avoid placing on my main rock structure and instead put them on their own separate rock.
Hollywood stunners also grow very fast and have long sweepers. The location you have it at may cause problems between it and the war coral in the future

OP
OP
Agsellers04

Agsellers04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips. The War Coral is loose on its own structure so I can move it easily.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 127 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back