Coral placement

1sttymereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning All, looking for guidance on placement of my corals or light adjustments. I have (6) 80w t5 (1) 50/50 60" reef Brite on 180gal. I have plating monipora placed currently towards top of rocks, I keep my trumpets, blasto, zoas, hammer towards lower section (not on sand because of my goby). With this being said I had a problem with the monti not doing well so I had lengthen some of my light times and it seamed to grow and was happy/is happy. But my lower light corals are not doing well anymore which they were all growing good until I adjust lights . How can I fix this problem. Thank you

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a mixed reef tank with a T5/led hybrid, I currently have acros on top and blastos on the sand and outside. I took part measurements so I knew where to place lower par corals. Eventually, most corals, within reason will adapt. They may color shift, most acans will shift to red due to the higher par, but they do adapt. I have torches in areas of 200 par and they have adapted. I try to keep corals like acans and blastos on the outside of the take were the par is lower.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back