Coral plugs or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
7,216
Reaction score
400
Location
WEST TEXAS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you remove your corals from the plugs or do you leave them on and plant into tank?
 
Remove. I hate plugs with a passion and have no clue why everyone uses them. They are such an eye sore. Don't get what's so hard just get some live rock bust it up and glue to rocks. Then it will look natural in tank not like a coral on a ice cream cone or a dinner plate.
 
lol I totally agree.
 
Hate plugs.
I usually have some LR rubble that I will glue frags to instead, then glue those down to rock.
 
Not a fan of plugs but sometimes I have to suck it up especially when you get a nice leptoseris, or psammacora that has already encrusted partially.
 
lol @ Jonreefer ... i don't mind the circular part but the extensions for egg crates suck... how many people have egg crate in their DT ...
 
The bottom knob on the plug is easy to cut off. Does anyone know a good way to remove acros from plugs?
 
Hate them, if I can get the coral off it great, if not I chop the bottom off and place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new