Coral Qt’ing

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking around searching. I haven’t seen an article/sticky on how to QT corals! Just curious if there’s good threads out there about having a frag tank/QT and how to keep fish pests from transferring. I currently dip them for about 10 min before adding to my tank. (Only stocked with 4 corals currently) lol

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird that this didn’t come up for me when I did a search. I had to search by the author. But, here’s the gospel of invert/coral quarantine according to Humblefish:

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking around searching. I haven’t seen an article/sticky on how to QT corals! Just curious if there’s good threads out there about having a frag tank/QT and how to keep fish pests from transferring. I currently dip them for about 10 min before adding to my tank. (Only stocked with 4 corals currently) lol

when people refer to frag tanks they often have a tank plumbed to the main system. a QT tank is isolated and needs to be able to house frags for at least 1 month (even that’s pushing it, 3 months would be ideal).

this is easier said than done as you basically need a second tank and going smaller to save money also makes it harder to keep stable.

people who only dip corals are on borrowed time and often have a false sense of security. If you’re buying acros then the dip does absolutely 100% nothing to kill AEFW eggs and you’re eventually going to have your ticket punched.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back