Coral Reef Cay: Coral Farm Build Thread

ReefSharkBuilder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have recently purchased property. We are building our home. It should be done within 6 months.
So now I am finally able to build my propagation facility. I have started rough plans for the build by basing it off of the home depot 16'x20' garage listed here.
The picture below has multiple design ideas to it. My first priority is using all available space efficiently and functionally.
That also means efficiency in resource consumption.
I will have a 1000g rainwater collection area. This will have a pressurized pump attached to it to feed into my RODI system. (Any waste from the RODI will be fed into a collection tank for our family garden.
I will also use solar power (since we live in Texas) to run multiple smaller circuits on a daily basis.
I plan to use passive heating and cooling in the systems. An underground water cistern will keep water at 55°F almost year round and a rapid boil system will be used to feed water through flexible piping to heat or cool the water in the systems.
In the system design there is an upstairs I am able to use as an office or storage area. I may do away with that altogether and keep it a single story. Similar to this. I have listed a few things I would like opinions on to the right of the preliminary mock up sketch I did.
Feel free to comment and bring up anything you all see may be an issue!

20200413_011212.jpg

OP
OP
ReefSharkBuilder

ReefSharkBuilder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have recently purchased property. We are building our home. It should be done within 6 months.
So now I am finally able to build my propagation facility. I have started rough plans for the build by basing it off of the home depot 16'x20' garage listed here.
The picture below has multiple design ideas to it. My first priority is using all available space efficiently and functionally.
I will have a 1000g rainwater collection area. This will have a pressurized pump attached to it to feed into my RODI system. (Any waste from the RODI will be fed into a collection tank for our family garden.
I will also use solar power (since we live in Texas) to run multiple smaller circuits on a daily basis.
I plan to use passive heating and cooling in the systems. An underground water cistern will keep water at 55°F almost year round and a rapid boil system will be used to feed water through flexible piping to heat or cool the water in the systems.
In the system design there is an upstairs I am able to use as an office or storage area. I may do away with that altogether and keep it a single story. Similar to this. I have listed a few things I would like opinions on to the right of the preliminary mock up sketch I did.

20200414_153750.jpg

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20200413_011212.jpg
Awesome man good luck and can’t wait to see more progress.

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome man. If you have the space, it might be smart to opt for the next size or two up on the garage. 700-1500 $ more and you get another 4-8 feet? Pretty good deal, hard to change later.

Good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back