Coral Reef Design - 170 gal

devitche

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent quite some time aquascaping with epoxy and stone mix cement — now as I wait for my tank to finish cycling, I want to brainstorm the future design for my reef. I want my reef to feature exclusively soft and LPS corals. Below I have outlined 15 zones that I would love your help to populate (with ideas)! ;) I currently have three islands (1-3) and a standalone big structure (14-15). I only have one powerhead (near 14-15).

My non-negotiables (I must have them, but not limit to, in this design): Zoas, frogspawn, hammers, torches…

Would love to hear from you all! Thanks!

IMG_0108.png
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new