Coral shipment delayed - what do I do?

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know UPS specific policy b/c I’ve never had issues w/them, but FedEx doesn’t allow consumers to file claims, only the retailer. So a consumer’s recourse is with the retailer.

I filed a claim w/FedEx once thinking b/c of the “we’re not responsible” vendor disclaimers it was on me to handle — claim got denied and FedEx said I needed to contact the vendor and have them file a claim. So the vendor is indeed responsible for shipments they send out, not us.
I had a Fed Ex shipment of fish eggs go to another hatchery, who was paying the shipping with their account number. The box was day late, they denied the shipment, box went back to Fed Ex. I got a call from Fed Ex, do you want the shipment back, nope the eggs are dead, toss the the box. About a month later we got a bill for around $250 for shipping.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question Guys, if UPS mishandled and delayed your shipment and your coral dies, are they responsible to pay for it ?
UPS does not guarantee livestock, so no. It will be up to the vendor and if they want to help cover things out of their control.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back