Coral spawning in captivity discussion.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr Mike B very kindly gave us a presentation on coral spawning in captivity this week. As there is adult language here and there I will not post a link to it but it can be found on YouTube.

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea how it happened, but I have 2 tiny baby torches that have sprouted up on 2 different rocks near my big NYKnicks colony. Initially I thought it was a couple mojanos that had appeared in my tank, but 6 months later it's very clearly torches with skeletons :D

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea how it happened, but I have 2 tiny baby torches that have sprouted up on 2 different rocks near my big NYKnicks colony. Initially I thought it was a couple mojanos that had appeared in my tank, but 6 months later it's very clearly torches with skeletons :D
Nice! Do you have any photos?

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video I just took. Ignore the hair algae... it's an ongoing battle since upgrading to this tank!

No need to mention the algae. We have all been there! Looking very nice! What is your plan for the algae? Herbivores? Chemical treatment?

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to mention the algae. We have all been there! Looking very nice! What is your plan for the algae? Herbivores? Chemical treatment?
Just been steadily working on manual removal and herbivores. My snails, hermits, urchins, & tangs wont touch it when it's long. I try to spend 10 minutes every couple days pulling it off rocks and attacking it with a toothbrush.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back