Coral that aggressive fish won't eat?

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a carpet nem but maybe it's time!
Careful tho — sometimes fish, the aggressive hunter, becomes the hunted. Fish mysteriously disappeared in my tank for no reasons. I do have 3 ginormous carpet nems though. Just saying…

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not in Michigan (Connecticut) but I'll gladly pay shipping for whatever you want to get rid of!
In CT and have a few varieties of GSP. I have a number of softies, leathers, toadstools and such that they don’t eat. Have kept triggers. Aiptasia eating file fish are hit and miss on the anemones. Bubbletips.

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful tho — sometimes fish, the aggressive hunter, becomes the hunted. Fish mysteriously disappeared in my tank for no reasons. I do have 3 ginormous carpet nems though. Just saying…
In almost 20 years of reefing I've never had one because of the horror stories I've heard.... they sound like something out of a horror movie! Maybe I'll give a small, cheap one a try and if by some miracle it actually survives and grows in my tank, I'll have to re-home it if it gets TOO big. Ahhhh, the excitement and challenges of this hobby. ;)
Sue

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In almost 20 years of reefing I've never had one because of the horror stories I've heard.... they sound like something out of a horror movie! Maybe I'll give a small, cheap one a try and if by some miracle it actually survives and grows in my tank, I'll have to re-home it if it gets TOO big. Ahhhh, the excitement and challenges of this hobby. ;)
Sue
Don’t let me deter you — I love my 3 Haddonis. My blue one is a sticky, black hole but the other two have been very peaceful.

Little carpets might be fine though. Good luck and do share pics when you land one.

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t let me deter you — I love my 3 Haddonis. My blue one is a sticky, black hole but the other two have been very peaceful.

Little carpets might be fine though. Good luck and do share pics when you land one.
LOL Love the black hole reference. There are some critters in some of my tanks that I would LOVE to lure into a black hole but of course those are never the ones that disappear. Thanks for the encouragement - hope to get a healthy, peaceful one. :)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks, worth a try. Not very colorful but at least it's more than rocks and sand. I have tons of leathers in my seahorse tank - I'll move a few over.
There are some colorful varieties.

Long polyped Japanese toadstools have green.
F7FD5AF8D8DA4802B0F0.jpeg

Yellow Fiji leather.
Yellow_Fiji_Leather_Coral.jpg

Koji Wada Pink Nepthea.
1865-stock.jpg

Other things you could look into that are similar and less common would be blue sympodium, maybe some pipe organ corals, or maybe just a more common clove polyp.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sue
Oh you could also try a maxi mini Anemone or a rock flower Anemone, those are much much smaller than a haddoni and cheaper.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back