Coral trade by zip code

Art Calde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
F64704C4-39B0-46D6-9869-94BFEAEE604E.jpeg
I have followed pages on diferent social platforms that claim to be established to swap corals. What I have found is that most corals are for sale. I’m interested in a platform where one can actually trade corals maybe by zip code so if you want to keep your trade local, you can. Has anyone heard of such a thing or would anyone be interested in such a thing. I for example have a number of ultra rainbow anemones I would like to trade, but am not experienced with shipping.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We’re working on this with our new market. :) You’ll not only be able to find local deals and meet up but you’ll be able to complete the transaction through R2R or in person. :)

OP
OP
Art Calde

Art Calde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We’re working on this with our new market. :) You’ll not only be able to find local deals and meet up but you’ll be able to complete the transaction through R2R or in person. :)
Just an idea: Having a place where you can create your trading profile and post the coral you have available by location so that other people can see if they are interested in a trade would be nice. That way you can see their profile and see if their coral interests you. If there’s an interest maybe you can message them directly and come up with an agreement. So many of us love the hobby and have coral that other people might be interested in.

OP
OP
Art Calde

Art Calde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I true coral trading local forum would be great !! Maybe points on a map.
You’re right! Actually that would be a great app to have. It would make trading so much easier. One would set up a profile by location and post their available coral. You might be even able to have a wish list and get alerted if anyone has that coral to trade in your area.

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s an app out but not many users. A true trading page or something like you mentioned would be awesome! Just for trades!!!!!!:)

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a site Frags.org and it was wonderful. You could list all our corals with pics and prices. It was searchable by location, coral group and species. Ratings and feedback and was free. I found one old reference to it through a Kent Marine add. Someone in CA owns the rights to the address now. I did tons of selling and trading. This was post 9/11 but before the fluid restrictions. I would line up big trades ahead of work travel. Bring a backpack, meet and drop corals, then meet the night before or day of return to load up the stuff going back with me. It was awesome!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you are suggesting to create a marketplace for trading by zip code, this would be awesome. How many times, I cannot count seeing something available to find out it is halfway across the US map.

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are suggesting to create a marketplace for trading by zip code, this would be awesome. How many times, I cannot count seeing something available to find out it is halfway across the US map.
Very true. I'm lucky in that I can find most anything I want in North Cali, but the problem is tracking down who has what, or if it is still available.

Jason.M85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re right! Actually that would be a great app to have. It would make trading so much easier. One would set up a profile by location and post their available coral. You might be even able to have a wish list and get alerted if anyone has that coral to trade in your area.
If they cant make money why would they help..

Jeanette.iacovone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F64704C4-39B0-46D6-9869-94BFEAEE604E.jpeg
I have followed pages on diferent social platforms that claim to be established to swap corals. What I have found is that most corals are for sale. I’m interested in a platform where one can actually trade corals maybe by zip code so if you want to keep your trade local, you can. Has anyone heard of such a thing or would anyone be interested in such a thing. I for example have a number of ultra rainbow anemones I would like to trade, but am not experienced with shipping.
I think that's a great idea but I would also add that if you have nothing to trade, that maybe if that person would want to sell instead of trade. But....absolutely. ..
That is a fantastic idea.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back