Coral turning white

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nate9292
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nate9292

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2024
Messages
27
Reaction score
30
Location
Greensburg
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, anyone know why a coral would start to turn white? I only have a couple corals and the other one looks healthy.

IMG_4598.jpeg
 
Agree, not looking good. Almost looks like skeleton poking out…is it rigid? It’s at least bleaching due to parameters, lighting or something off
 
Stress, often from too much light, temperature, or other stressors, leading to the expulsion of zooxanthellae.
 
It's dying
Thanks, I was afraid that’s what was happening. I had an issue with my light timer recently and this heat wave has been rough this week. House is hotter than normal. Possible to save it at this point or is the coral lost?
 
Thanks, I was afraid that’s what was happening. I had an issue with my light timer recently and this heat wave has been rough this week. House is hotter than normal. Possible to save it at this point or is the coral lost?
You can save it if there’s still color. Put it in a low flow, low light area to recover. But need to get the lighting and temp dialed in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new