• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Coralife 24 Inch Aqualight Pro

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have one Coralife 24 Inch Aqualight Pro, 1x250W HQI Lamp + 2x65W CF Lamps Sq. Pin + 2x1W LED fire sale. I have had it for two years but now I have a different tank so I need to sell it so I can get a different light that will fit my setup.

Asking for $400 Or best offer. Please no lowballing as this light is sold on Amazon for over $1000. (Do not know why it's still so expensive)

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1470172349.564215.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1470172611.390943.jpg

Prefer to have a local pickup in central NJ.

Yoda0311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $100 a few weeks ago for a fixture really similar it is 36inches and has two 150w halides with 4 T5s. And two BNIB ballast. @USMC4Life Semper Fi

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cca5da4b69e69b7deac524c4788058ec_thumb.jpg

This is what I do not get. And the larger one is only $700. ***. I need to sell this light and get a new one. [emoji90]

reef87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MH & PC light is a very old technology. People now adays dont buy these for their reef tank any more.
Amazon or ebay can list however they like to sell. For example. MS Windows 3.1 cost more than MS Windows 10. Or a 20 years old Macintosh PC cost alot more than the latest Apple laptop. How about 2001 Toyota Hybrid that people sell them for 3 times as much as the 2016 Toyota Hybrid. But will you buy them?

I hope you did not pay $1000 for it a few months ago, if yes then you must been robbed.
People that buy this kind of light nows day because they want to savage the ballast or use the ballas as a back ballast should their MH die.

Here is the trench
1. MH with PC - old, I dont know anyone still using them. I stopped using them back in 2008.
2. MH with T5 - there are some people still using them, mostly the advance reefers or those that like SPS corals

3. MH with LED - not so much

4. T5 alone: Very popular now (especially those that are hard die fan of SPS, and they would not mind paying for yearly bulb replacement).

5. LED - Every where, every online stores and every local stores

6. LED/T5 - Very popular too but usually you only see them on advance reefer tank.

But who knows, one day someone (new reefers that are stupid enough that dont know anything about about the hobby or are blinded or eyeless) will come along and bite the bullet and will paypal you $400 plus $75 shipping fees to buy it from you. (I really hate to see that happen though)

good luck with the sale

Last edited:
OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MH & PC light is a very old technology. People now adays dont buy these for their reef tank any more.
Amazon or ebay can list however they like to sell. For example. MS Windows 3.1 cost more than MS Windows 10. Or a 20 years old Macintosh PC cost alot more than the latest Apple laptop. How about 2001 Toyota Hybrid that people sell them for 3 times as much as the 2016 Toyota Hybrid. But will you buy them?

I hope you did not pay $1000 for it a few months ago, if yes then you must been robbed.
People that buy this kind of light nows day because they want to savage the ballast or use the ballas as a back ballast should their MH die.

Here is the trench
1. MH with PC - old, I dont know anyone still using them. I stopped using them back in 2008.
2. MH with T5 - there are some people still using them, mostly the advance reefers or those that like SPS corals

3. MH with LED - not so much

4. T5 alone: Very popular now (especially those that are hard die fan of SPS, and they would not mind paying for yearly bulb replacement).

5. LED - Every where, every online stores and every local stores

6. LED/T5 - Very popular too but usually you only see them on advance reefer tank.

But who knows, one day someone (new reefers that are stupid enough that dont know anything about about the hobby or are blinded or eyeless) will come along and bite the bullet and will paypal you $400 plus $75 shipping fees to buy it from you. (I really hate to see that happen though)

good luck with the sale

Ya I my be out of luck. Now that I know I will not sell them for that cost. I got it as a gift. I like the fact that this thing will grow anything. But it eats way too much power. And I downsized on the tank so now this thing is way too much.

reef87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you downsized, it's good to look into LED, they are so popular now and so many choices to choose.
they are made to fit nicely for small tanks.

good luck

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you downsized, it's good to look into LED, they are so popular now and so many choices to choose.
they are made to fit nicely for small tanks.

good luck

Hi.
I am looking in to LED's but need to sell this one first per the boss lol. And the LED that I like is $450 lol

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you are in NJ and can do a pickup I will sell it $180. It will grow anything. Just a word of caution raise it far above the center brace if you have one.

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
I am looking in to LED's but need to sell this one first per the boss lol. And the LED that I like is $450 lol
I have an xr30 gen2 pro with about 18months of use I'm about to post for 350 shipped

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must sell my light before I get another one. I do not know if this one will cover 36".

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back