Coralife Biocube 29g

Benedetto84

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
73
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just recently bought a coralife biocube and was wondering about the minimum fill and maximum fill line in chamber 2. Should the water be between those lines when the pump is running Or should it be in between those line when it's not? I have mine set up so you can't see the water level in the display tank, and I have it set to the max water level spot while the pump is running, but when I turn the pump off it goes way past the max fill line. Do I have this set up correctly ?
 
The min and max fill line are there if you use the bio balls. Most of us are running reef tanks and ditch the bio balls as they will become a nitrate factory. I replaced the bio balls with an InTank media basket and fuge basket in chamber 2. I fill the water level to just below the small cutout between chamber 2 and 3. The water level is maintained with a Tunze ATO.
 
And yes, when you shut off the return pump, the water level in chambers 2 and 3 should rise... at the same time, you should notice the water level in the display falling as well. Without the pumps running the display and the rear chambers should even out.
 
And yes, when you shut off the pumps, the water level in chambers 2 and 3 should rise... at the same time, you should notice the water level in the display falling as well. Without the pumps running the display and the rear chambers should even out.
Thank you? I will eventually dump the balls once I get this one up and running! A lot of people have told me that. I think I'm going to use that max line as my spot to know how much water is leaving may tank each day so I can just add the same amount of water back to it
 
I still run the bio balls on an Oceanic Biocube 29. I have no problems with my nitrates yet. but my tank is young still 4.5 months so far with a very low bioload. I take things slow with my tank making little changes over time.
 
8edd51c514fd5c46cf73627c30899d38.jpg
 
Ditch the balls slowly over time, if you pull all at once can start a mini cycle.

There are literally 1000s of bio cube build threads, I suggest googling and reading a ton while it's still a young tank and put too much $$$ in for livestock
 
Ditch the balls slowly over time, if you pull all at once can start a mini cycle.

There are literally 1000s of bio cube build threads, I suggest googling and reading a ton while it's still a young tank and put too much $$$ in for livestock

Thanks guys yeah I plan on ditching them. Everyone is saying to sooner or later. I just put water in the tank early this not get when I made the thread. I really appreciate the help guys!
 
I'm gonna replace with chunks of live rock over time.I work at LFS and do matinence on multiple tanks all day.So yeah i've seen when they eventually do take a turn for the worst.Money is my barrier at the moment for my tank. Going to be paying for my tech school, car Insurance, and Like 400 bucks rent.So Bio balls will do for now.Real life after High School is kicking my butt lol.
 
I'm gonna replace with chunks of live rock over time.I work at LFS and do matinence on multiple tanks all day.So yeah i've seen when they eventually do take a turn for the worst.Money is my barrier at the moment for my tank. Going to be paying for my tech school, car Insurance, and Like 400 bucks rent.So Bio balls will do for now.Real life after High School is kicking my *** lol.
I feel your pain man, life after high school is when it hits you. It gets easier though! My biggest struggle is the wife agreeing to me buying stuff. I would have bigger tank but she said no:/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new