Coralife biocube skimmer microbubbles

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any modifications for this skimmer that will fix the copious amounts of microbubbles it creates. I have had it running for 3 months now, I have tried to create a bubble trap using a smart water bottle. I have also tried putting it back together several times to no avail. I've tried pretty much everything I could find online. I was going to do the aquatic life 115 modification reefthuz showed on youtube but it doesnt fit inside my biocube 32 hood (I guess they were changed since that video) so I wasted money on another skimmer. I have bought 3 skimmers now and would really like to get this one working right as it seems to be the only thing that will fit in chamber 1.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any modifications for this skimmer that will fix the copious amounts of microbubbles it creates. I have had it running for 3 months now, I have tried to create a bubble trap using a smart water bottle. I have also tried putting it back together several times to no avail. I've tried pretty much everything I could find online. I was going to do the aquatic life 115 modification reefthuz showed on youtube but it doesnt fit inside my biocube 32 hood (I guess they were changed since that video) so I wasted money on another skimmer. I have bought 3 skimmers now and would really like to get this one working right as it seems to be the only thing that will fit in chamber 1.

AquaMaxx makes some great skimmers

OP
OP
R

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaMaxx makes some great skimmers

Any you'd recommend that fit in chamber one of the biocube 32 with the hood?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any you'd recommend that fit in chamber one of the biocube 32 with the hood?

Not any that I could find.

I used to run an InTank media basket in a Red Sea 130, with the original AquaMaxx HOB-1, they did a great job.

Most put the InTank Media basket in chamber 1 and have their skimmers in the 2nd chamber.

That skimmer is also sold by InTank.

Here are your Bio-32 options

OP
OP
R

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not any that I could find.

I used to run an InTank media basket in a Red Sea 130, with the original AquaMaxx HOB-1, they did a great job.

Most put the InTank Media basket in chamber 1 and have their skimmers in the 2nd chamber.

That skimmer is also sold by InTank.

Here are your Bio-32 options

My media basket is too wide for chamber one and chamber 2 doesn't have a consistent water level which is why I chose chamber one for the skimmer. I am waiting for a couple supplies to modify my baffling one last time; I think this might do the trick but seeing as no one has tried this one before I'm in uncharted waters haha. If it works I'll be posting my fraken skimmer for all to see

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AL 115 skimmer in chamber 2 on mine. I notched about 2 inches for the hanging tab between chamber 2 and 3. I have an ATO so set the water sensor to what I wanted for the skimmer water level because 2 & 3 stay the same.

Works good

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My media basket is too wide for chamber one and chamber 2 doesn't have a consistent water level which is why I chose chamber one for the skimmer. I am waiting for a couple supplies to modify my baffling one last time; I think this might do the trick but seeing as no one has tried this one before I'm in uncharted waters haha. If it works I'll be posting my fraken skimmer for all to see

I saw some post that when they tried chamber 1 they could not keep their skimmer dialed in, because chamber 1's waterline would go up and down.

good luck!

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some post that when they tried chamber 1 they could not keep their skimmer dialed in, because chamber 1's waterline would go up and down.

good luck!
Yep, ATO and chamber 2 is best bet for skimmer. The flux I had in 1 made it not worth it.

Back