Coraline Algae

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the caraline in a bottle from ARCReef, it worked great. I did have coraline already growing in the tank beforehand, so my parameters were already good for coraline algae to grow.

SPSReeferMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the caraline in a bottle from ARCReef, it worked great. I did have coraline already growing in the tank beforehand, so my parameters were already good for coraline algae to grow.

I think this is the key - are you already growing some? I used two bottles and may tank was not ready at that moment. It took my tanks 6 months. 6 MONTHS!!! I started with dry rock and I question that choice. That’s for another thread.

I think having a bit more background like age of tank and type of rock would help.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is the key - are you already growing some? I used two bottles and may tank was not ready at that moment. It took my tanks 6 months. 6 MONTHS!!! I started with dry rock and I question that choice. That’s for another thread.

I think having a bit more background like age of tank and type of rock would help.
It was growing some, tank crashed, replaced all sand and fully drained tank and replaced with new sand and water, added 2 bottles, within a couple of months it exploded. Their is no such thing as a miracle fix, if your tank parameters aren't right then nothing will work.

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purple helix?
That's what I used 1 week after setting up tank. Coralline started growing right at about the 7 week mark for the tank. Tank is coming up on the 6 month mark now and most of the back glass is covered(80%) with coralline. Rocks are about 40% covered, this is because of my fight with GHA that I'm slowly winning.

Back