Corallife Biocube Cancer Warning

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
2,096
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered this skimmer for the second time, now it has this warning sticker on it. I’ve heard about this alittle bit, but how worried should I actually be?

BAAA8193-1C83-43F3-BEBC-37BE247F22AA.jpeg
 
I’d return that skimmer fwiw, it’s bad and will mess up your water big time as soon as the wood degrades. Go with the aquaticlife 115 if you have the biocube 32.
 
Every thing causes cancer nowadays. California makes every one put some sort of notification up if a product has anything that could cause cancer even if it's a 1,000,000,000.00 to 1 chance. All the fast food restaurants have that posted outside their drive-thru windows and Starbucks lol
 
I think we are misinterpreting it. It means it only causes cancer to those who live in CA. The rest of the world it is non toxic and safe to use.
 
I’d return that skimmer fwiw, it’s bad and will mess up your water big time as soon as the wood degrades. Go with the aquaticlife 115 if you have the biocube 32.
I have the aquatop 24gal, really hard to find anything that works since the chamber is so small
 
It’s just the new P65 warning label you are required to put on your product. You have to list the chemicals in the product that will cause cancer. I have to display it on every bait product I sell with my business.
 
Could always go skimmerless. I gave up on dealing with subpar nano skimmers and couldn’t be happier. 5 gallon weekly water change, 2 liters of seachem matrix, an algae turf scrubber that I probably don’t need, and a bag of rox carbon and a little gfo. Green hair algae has gone away and my nutrients are low.
 
At R2R we pride our self in having a friendly place to discuss and debate various topics without getting personal. Some of the posts have been removed because of personal attacks. We are willing to allow the thread to resume as long as everyone can continue to converse/debate with respect to one another. Personal attacks will not be tolerated by any party. Thank you for your understanding and continuing in a civil manor.
 
We have so many of those warnings in California that we dont pay attention to them anymore. They could have a prop 65 warning that says it will definitely give you cancer immediately and nobody here would read them. It was a well intentioned act that overshot the mark.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new