Coralline algae in a bottle? Does it work?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Most of these bottles are accelerated calcium supplements. Keep up with your CA and lighting and you will have coraline growth support

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is getting big , my2 cents I had perfect parameters , well over a year and little to nothing coralline algae . As soon as I added a couple t5 lights blue plus ( I was BB led ) coralline algae started everywhere. Get some blue+ t5 lights and it will come .

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple up won’t work. It doesn’t contain coralline spores. Just the extra nutrients they need to grow, most of which are doses as part of keeping corals anyway.

ARC coralline contains spores. It legitimately works. Could you get a couple dead snails and scrape some off for free? Sure. Could you scrape up enough to get full coverage of 100lb rock in 4 months? Doubtful. There’s a local guy that went from brs reef saver to complete purple and red coralline in 4 months. Added it the day after he confirmed his cycle was done. And the reviews on amazon support this guys experience

I’ll be adding a bottle of each of the red and purple sometime in February, once I’ve got my levels stabilized and my current QT residents in the tank . I plan to do a full review, with pictures
My tank is 7 months old and natural coraline algae is starting to spread. Even with that, I just doser it wiht ARC purple helix this morning. I figured it was worth as shot and seems to be the only product out ther that contains actual spores. In six weeks, we'll see how it goes. I'm guessing that I'm probably not going to be able to tell a dirrerence between seeding and natural spread.

tbaity1401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worked for me...never noticeably added something with coralline..especially the vibrant purple

Attachments

• 20210308_155235.jpg
    20210308_155235.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 83

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back