I just tried letting the tank do it's own thing for the last two months (including letting nitrate and phosphate run at zero). After a while the algae + dinos overran everything including growing over the small number of coral frags as test subjects I got from local reeders trimming their tanks. Literally every millimeter of my rocks, sand, and frag rack were covered by GHA, ulva, and/or dinos. In some areas the algae was as 1-2 inches high. 3+ inch strings of dinos all over sand and rocks too. I was running through 5-6 ft of Reefmat a day even though I had only 2 small fish (was previously 25-35 inches). I went on a trip and realized when I got back that I forgot to turn the knob on the manifold to my UV so it as not working for several weeks. The tank was an eye sore so I decided to start proactively doing things in hope situation would improves. To get rid of the mass of algae on rocks I removed all my rock work and soaked in hydrogen peroxide for half an hour. That freed up real estate for the dinos so the war on dinos started.