Corals closing?!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol no problem we love to help, if its too expensive just fill up two buckets at the LFS whenever you need water and skip buying the rodi filter

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a connection that you screw on to the faucet.

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime your tank is small could always go to grocery store and get distilled water and use that. Think my local grocery store sells it for around 99 cents for a gallon. I am not talking the jugs that you fill yourself at grocery store. I am talking the already filled gallon jugs on the shelf by the bottled water. Will say distilled right on it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use distilled water if you don't want a whole RODI unit

FrickMasterFlex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seconding the use of distilled water if you're in a pinch, especially given your tank size. I also have three 5 gallon water holders I bought from Amazon. I got to my LFS that I trust and pick up 10gal of pre-mixed saltwater, and 5 gallons of fresh water for top-offs and emergency water changes. I go every two weeks, and do a 5gal water change weekly on Thursdays. I only have a 20gal, and I don't like the idea of having an RODI unit currently as it wastes a TON of water to get what you truly need and I don't really have the space for it currently. Lugging buckets is annoying, but the saltwater and RODI water I get from the LFS I always test before inputting into the tank and it's always great.

jarviz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has only been up for 2 months though correct, not 6? your first video was only from 2 months ago which is why i asked, but lol watched the video and a lot of the info you had is just wrong. I think you might need some more research before putting out informational videos. you dont need gfo, 0 phosphates are detrimental to reef tanks in most cases. Those bio ball gems or whatever should never be thrown out. They are your biological media. I would try to figure out the correct setting for the ai prime freshwater to use it over saltwater tank as it will contribute to am large amount of algae.
I thought bioballs were not great since they can be a detritus trap? But I guess it does provide plenty of surface fo bacteria and biological filtration.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back