Corals from Diver's Den???

vlad2spinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone else bought corals from LiveAquaria, Diver's Dean recently and received dead corals?? Not just dead, but it is obvious the corals have been sitting in the bag for days or possible even weeks before they were shipped. They were shipped next day 10 AM delivery. Water the corals were in was black. Smelled like death, even before I opened the box. When I received the dead coral with my first order, I thought it was just oversight on their part. But now two more with my second order, seems more then just oversight. Pictures attached, were taken within minutes of receiving the shipment. I also had several DOA inverts from them.

Can anyone suggest a different place I con order larger SPS colonies (4" or larger)?

IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG IMG_3022.JPG IMG_3023.JPG IMG_3024.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are alot better folks on this site that sell great corals. To name a few that i have had great experiences with, and those that i left off, it's cause i never bought from them, but i'm sure they are great also:

jason fox signature corals
Topshelf aquatics
Cherry corals
A reef creation
TCK corals
Worldwide corals

OP
OP
vlad2spinn

vlad2spinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
there are alot better folks on this site that sell great corals. To name a few that i have had great experiences with, and those that i left off, it's cause i never bought from them, but i'm sure they are great also:

jason fox signature corals
Topshelf aquatics
Cherry corals
A reef creation
TCK corals
Worldwide corals
I have bought frags from few of the ones you mention and have been very happy, but I did not see large colonies for sale though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lots of nice Indo colonies all under $100 at AquaSD

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought frags from few of the ones you mention and have been very happy, but I did not see large colonies for sale though.
Don't hesitate to call them, they are a phone call away and i'm sure if they do have some they can help you out..

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious about DD corals but after a LA shipment came in with velvet a little while back I have been weary about it. This post just put the nail in the coffin though. Won't be ordering from them ever again.

Sapper Ski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to add in @TopShelfAquatics has some amazing frags that I was really impressed with. As you point out though, they were frags. Great customer service, so maybe give them a shout (call or email) and see what they have to offer.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt Critters has been my favorite so far. I've used AquariumDepot (not a big fan) and AquaticArts for fresh. I randomly saw them on a facebook ad and they delivered with some solid frags.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else bought corals from LiveAquaria, Diver's Dean recently and received dead corals?? Not just dead, but it is obvious the corals have been sitting in the bag for days or possible even weeks before they were shipped. They were shipped next day 10 AM delivery. Water the corals were in was black. Smelled like death, even before I opened the box. When I received the dead coral with my first order, I thought it was just oversight on their part. But now two more with my second order, seems more then just oversight. Pictures attached, were taken within minutes of receiving the shipment. I also had several DOA inverts from them.

Can anyone suggest a different place I con order larger SPS colonies (4" or larger)?

IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG IMG_3022.JPG IMG_3023.JPG IMG_3024.JPG

Hello @vlad2spinn . We sincerely apologize for the losses of your coral and want to look into this right away. We will be sending you a private message to get your order information to look into this. Again, we sincerely apologize for the losses.

LiveAquaria

OP
OP
vlad2spinn

vlad2spinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to add in @TopShelfAquatics has some amazing frags that I was really impressed with. As you point out though, they were frags. Great customer service, so maybe give them a shout (call or email) and see what they have to offer.
I have placed several orders with @TopShelfAquatics . Very happy with the frags they shipped me. I will call them and see if they have large colonies for sale.

OP
OP
vlad2spinn

vlad2spinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone for recommendations. I will call the companies and see what they have available.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back