~~~~~~~~Cornbred Maleficent Acro show off/Progression thread~~~~~~~

I'm glad this thread was resurrected.

Hey @gregoryleonard , are you still around, and do you still have this piece? I'd be very interested to see what yours looks like now.
 
Just a frag, but here is mine.

47099979792_86a9df193b_b.jpg
 
@bubbaque What's your experience with this coral under low and high light conditions? (Color and growth pattern wise)

You have a beautiful colony. I may jump at getting a frag from you.
 
@bubbaque What's your experience with this coral under low and high light conditions? (Color and growth pattern wise)

You have a beautiful colony. I may jump at getting a frag from you.
I honestly never tried it anywhere but high par.

This one grows into a “table” so I imagine it will also in lower par levels but may grow upwards towards the light.
 
@bubbaque hey I got this a while ago from my lfs they had bought a tank from someone in town that was moving and had a lot of high-end name corals. It was a mini Colony when I got it from them but didn't have much color they didn't know what it was just a random acro do you think it could be the Maleficent?

View attachment 20190221_222104.jpg
 
These are the only New Growth spots as of lately I fraged the crap out of it before my tank crashed a couple months ago so it might look a little weird once again I have no clue what it is tho lol. Thanks for your input I appreciate it
Screenshot_20190222-092142_Photo Editor.jpg
 
I love mine! It’s hard to get a good pic but you can see how it’s encrusted the plug.
 
i think i may have to move mine to higher PAR, seems like mine hasn't grown at all since getting it.
 
No, I would never buy from him, lol. It was one of my first high end corals, I remember getting it as a birthday present for myself from LFS. They had a nice colony of it and when I seen it I had to have it.
Why is that? Because of the actinic pictures?
 
This piece is suddenly on my radar.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new