~~~~~~~~Cornbred Maleficent Acro show off/Progression thread~~~~~~~

Let’s resurrect this thread...

February
9C7D3280-4490-4994-9000-009881009031.png

October
0D83C011-136F-427D-8F44-5CE4AE6E347A.jpeg
 
Looks good. Mine hasn't grown an inch
 
So after seeing this thread, I really fell in love with this coral. And happen to come across one last night on Ebay where the auction was ending about midnight.... well I won it for a steal.. 38$ (plus shipping obviously, so I got a few others to offset the cost)

But heres the pic of the frag. What's the best placement amd flow for it

Screenshot_20191019-090507_eBay.jpg
 
Mine turned bright yellow interestingly enough. It came in red. There is a little hint of red left.

Yellow huh? I would love to see a pic.

I don’t see what’s the big deal with this coral. It’s red but that’s it. I remember this was one that when it first came in it was all lumpy looking with weird green and red coloration. Or am I thinking of another coral? If it was I thought I remember it being high priced because the coral looked so odd, now all the fragments look like normal growth.
 
Yellow huh? I would love to see a pic.

I don’t see what’s the big deal with this coral. It’s red but that’s it. I remember this was one that when it first came in it was all lumpy looking with weird green and red coloration. Or am I thinking of another coral? If it was I thought I remember it being high priced because the coral looked so odd, now all the fragments look like normal growth.
I think the big deal is the shade of red it is. It’s not an ordinary red like a red planet, it’s a very deep red and IMO one of the best reds in the hobby. If you’re looking for a nice bright red, this is it.
 
I think the big deal is the shade of red it is. It’s not an ordinary red like a red planet, it’s a very deep red and IMO one of the best reds in the hobby. If you’re looking for a nice bright red, this is it.
That's exactly why I jumped at this. I have a rep planet and its pinkish red/green. Bit this is just deep red. Love it. the frag I got is alot of green with red polyps. But I'm assuming as it grows itll darken.
 
The red is very unique, here’s mine from bubba, and this is 8 months of growth, not quite as big as the guy above but the red is something else. I have it next to PC Rainbow and you can see the difference in reds.
EE77A118-4B26-4155-AF54-CB990955A862.jpeg

About two weeks or so ago:
9B2C5F8F-7682-44AE-8440-D0678D99CC16.jpeg
 
The red is very unique, here’s mine from bubba, and this is 8 months of growth, not quite as big as the guy above but the red is something else. I have it next to PC Rainbow and you can see the difference in reds.
EE77A118-4B26-4155-AF54-CB990955A862.jpeg

About two weeks or so ago:
9B2C5F8F-7682-44AE-8440-D0678D99CC16.jpeg
Which one is it in the top down the middle one or lower?
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new