corraline algae

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only do I have a rock that is almost 100% purple its growing on my ph's, overflow box, powerheads, return pump, skimmer, and refugium. what the heck this stuff just wont stop growing.

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only do I have a rock that is almost 100% purple its growing on my ph's, overflow box, powerheads, return pump, skimmer, and refugium. what the heck this stuff just wont stop growing.

Hahah, Ive never really seen anyone hate coralline before. I mean scraping it off my acrylic tank....yea its a pain in the butt. I dont mind if it grows on the rocks. The back of my tank is basically purple though, no lie. Maybe like 10% of it is the original black.

Weird thing is, my tank was normal for like 6 months, then it exploded.

OP
OP
O

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah, Ive never really seen anyone hate coralline before. I mean scraping it off my acrylic tank....yea its a pain in the butt. I dont mind if it grows on the rocks. The back of my tank is basically purple though, no lie. Maybe like 10% of it is the original black.

Weird thing is, my tank was normal for like 6 months, then it exploded.

mines only been running since like July 22nd.

Preston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good are they? I've read somewhere that they consumer up calcium, so the more you have the more you'll have to dose. Just wondering why more people don't scrap them off of the back of the tank?

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
corline has always been a problem for me. Like you i can set up a tank and in a week it will start showing up. in a month it will be on everything. I put new power heads in the tank last wed and today they are almost fully covered.

I love coralline BUT i love it on my rocks not everything else. the only way i have been able to keep it away is by keeping a good cleaning schedule.

OP
OP
O

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love corraline, makes my zoa's grow faster....:D smoother surface....:p

lol

all I can say is I have done 1 water change since I started this tank. Bout to do another here soon. I just dont feel like having to scrape it off EVERYTHING here soon. Dont have a problem with it on the back glass and rocks but when it starts growing on the pumps....

As for using calcium that it does. That is why I am surprised its growing SO fast considering the lack of water changes. I just recently checked my calcium and it is still in normal ranges. So my guess is the salt I use is higher than normal with calcium. The other option could be because of the fishbowl innovations moonlighting or the pro-blue t-5's. I dont think its growing because of the 250w 14,000k HQI.

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate corraline, I've actually had it encrust over zoas and kill them. no matter my cleaning schedule, it just seems to try and cover over everything...

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate coralline algae too. Can't stand it on the glass. The back is ok. But the sides and front are a no no for me.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back