Corroding issue with MP40QD

silvernblackr35

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
141
Reaction score
86
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20171015_172925.jpg
20171015_172945.jpg


This is my May 2016 mp40qd, anyone else having this issue? I'm extremely disappointed, I have much cheaper pumps still going strong after many years...
 
It looks like the pin is push out more then normal can you remove the propeller
 
Have you contacted Ecotech directly? I know it's outside the warranty range but they have great customer service. Wouldn't hurt to see what they say.
 
Thought not nearly as bad, both of mine have rust at the shaft as well (40QD wet sides)
 
I replaced one of my wet sides after two years because it got loud and I couldn't get it quiet even after 3 cleanings.

To tell the truth a new $75.00 wetside every few years is still cheaper than a $90 jaebo every 18 months or even a new $199 wav or tunze every few years....as long as the controller and dry side stay up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new