Corroding issue with MP40QD

silvernblackr35

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
141
Reaction score
86
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20171015_172925.jpg
20171015_172945.jpg


This is my May 2016 mp40qd, anyone else having this issue? I'm extremely disappointed, I have much cheaper pumps still going strong after many years...
 
It looks like the pin is push out more then normal can you remove the propeller
 
Have you contacted Ecotech directly? I know it's outside the warranty range but they have great customer service. Wouldn't hurt to see what they say.
 
Thought not nearly as bad, both of mine have rust at the shaft as well (40QD wet sides)
 
I replaced one of my wet sides after two years because it got loud and I couldn't get it quiet even after 3 cleanings.

To tell the truth a new $75.00 wetside every few years is still cheaper than a $90 jaebo every 18 months or even a new $199 wav or tunze every few years....as long as the controller and dry side stay up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new