Corvette Lover's Thread

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing special but my 2014 with 55,000 miles and my daily driver which is like driving a motorcycle with air conditioning. And averaging 25 MPG since day one makes it nice. What was funny the day I ordered it the salesman asked what options I wanted I said none! He said are you sure? I asked does it have a manual transmission? Yes. Does it have air conditioning? Yes. Does it have a radio? Yes. Like I said I don't need anything else.
2014 c7.JPG

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
w3XQIUIl.jpg
at least the house in this picture is mine :p

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Corvette fans like the thing from Corvette Summer? ;Vomit

1589303179482.png
Hideous! Although, it does look like it was built by a bunch of high school kids, which is what happened in the movie. One Corvette that I hope got crushed.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My '79 survivor. Nothing particularly special about it, other than condition and it only has 18,000 miles on it. Not Corvette's finest hour due to government emission standards, but what I grew up driving. I have had a yellow '74, white '79, beige '81, black '79 through the years and this beige '79.

FullSizeRender.jpg

79VetteInterior.JPG
Would love to hear how you found a 79 with only 18k miles? Also when I had my 80 the first thing I did was install a test pipe in place of the catalytic convertor. The only advantage vettes had back then was cornering.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love 50's and 60's Vettes. 1959 is my favorite 50's era. In fact, 59 is a favorite year for most GM cars for me. 1963 split window is my dream Vette though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
More Vette owners than I realized !!

As many know, im preparing for Florida and have made many changes. Ive had 84 coupe, 89 coupe, 93 coupe, 98 coupe and last was my 03 which I sold about a year ago as we have a one car garage and Two New vehicles. When I get to Florida- I will have that new C7

vette.jpg

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice C5! Love the color!!! Monterey red?

As many know, im preparing for Florida and have made many changes. Ive had 84 coupe, 89 coupe, 93 coupe, 98 coupe and last was my 03 which I sold about a year ago as we have a one car garage and Two New vehicles. When I get to Florida- I will have that new C7

vette.jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to hear how you found a 79 with only 18k miles? Also when I had my 80 the first thing I did was install a test pipe in place of the catalytic convertor. The only advantage vettes had back then was cornering.
I am the third owner and I have had the car since purchasing it from Corvettes of Houston in 1996. There was a hand-written journal that I found in the car when I got it home. Gas mileage, oil changes, mechanical repairs, etc. It was started by the original owner. The second owner's name was on a piece of Labelmaker tape on the inside of one of the storage compartment doors. I knew the car came from the Dallas area, so I looked the guy up on Facebook about 8-9 years ago. I contacted him and sent him photos and we visited about the car. He bought the car from his friend, who was the original owner, so he knew just about everything about the car. He was excited to see his old car not in a junk yard. :)

I personally have not put many miles on it since purchasing it. A Sunday short trip driver and only in good weather, usually with the tops off. As I noted in my original post, I am well aware that the car is from an age that closely followed the death of the American muscle car and they made more 1979's (about 55,000) than any Corvette before it or after it. Not exactly rare. But not many have survived in near original condition. I have swapped the rear leaf spring for a fiberglass spring and added a rear stabilizer bar. It still has a functioning 8-track tape player in it. It sounds awful though. :) And I do have a test pipe for it but have never installed it. Kind of like it took me so long to get my tank going.

8Track.jpg

A few other pictures...

1979Beige2.jpg

1979beige3.jpg

Front.jpg

An old picture of my 1974

1974.jpg

My dad's 1958 in 1958

1958.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice C5! Love the color!!! Monterey red?
This was known as Anniversary Red and my 98 was Carmine red. Not sure where they get the names

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vette.jpg
Nice. Believe it or not, that '67 and your '03 are the exact same color. When my dad had the body re-done on that '67, he had it painted Anniversary Red. It was originally Marlboro Maroon, which back in '67 was a brownish maroon, not very flattering looking. He really liked how that Anniversary Red looked, so he had it painted that color. It's not original to a '67, but it is still a Corvette color and looks better than original, in my opinion.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice. Believe it or not, that '67 and your '03 are the exact same color. When my dad had the body re-done on that '67, he had it painted Anniversary Red. It was originally Marlboro Maroon, which back in '67 was a brownish maroon, not very flattering looking. He really liked how that Anniversary Red looked, so he had it painted that color. It's not original to a '67, but it is still a Corvette color and looks better than original, in my opinion.
Learn something every day. Its a color that always looks wet

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back