Corvette Lover's Thread

stefdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re lucky. My rear differential mount cracked off the frame a couple years ago, and it wasn’t until I started taking things apart that I realized just how rusted my frame was. I had fist sized holes in it. I’m lucky mine didn’t collapse on me while I was driving. It’ll be much nicer when I have a frame that’s actually solid under my car.
Wow! My car got trucked from NY down to NC and straight into the shop for several months to be checked out, had the fuel tank dropped and cleaned out, replacement of any clogged or malfunctioning things like a fuel line, and he said the frame looked good. I didn’t get all up in there myself - I’ll do the inside but I know jack-all about car mechanics so I leave that to a trusted professional

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think the Vettes up to 61' were the best looking. Then there's the version that you can't tell from an NSX from 100 feet.

There's a 58 in town I see during the summer thats stunning. Its the black with white inlay version, but the owner used a white paint with a bit of modern pearl in it, and he also ditched the white walls and opted for a more modern low profile tire that's a bit wider than stock. Vettes of this period were gimped by their rubber. Ditching the museum rubber is the best thing I've seen on an older vette and car looks incredible.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back