Cost Of Equipment Is Out Of Hand

psychobilly07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the great thing about this hobby - you have this choice. Don't want Neptune or Ecotech - you don't have to use their products.

Well said.

You know you are not allowed to buy wholesale Radions and sell cheaper on forums? That's why map pricing exists. We wonder why prices stay high and go up - this is why. Let retailers earn a living, stick to your job.

I have a notification I was quoted in this post but I can't find it anywhere

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contemplate jumping on the Apex bandwagon once or twice a month.... but then I read that one poor review, and I’m soured again. I know no product is perfect, but like the thread states, for this kind of money, it should be rock solid.
I feel that Apex is rock solid.....given you follow some basic guidelines. Having your Apex under your tank in high humidity is going to kill it. Would you store a laptop there? I treat my Apex the same as a laptop. Mounting it on the side of your stand is the same problem. At some point you will drip saltwater on it. I think if you store them safely away from extreme humidity and ALL sources of salt (dripping water, salt water spray, etc) the amount of problems goes WAY down.

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this hobby is too small. If they can't make money on the quantity, they got to make product more expansive. Truth is people willing to pay, that's why these company still exist. I hope more of these company come to the market to produce better product. FYI, JeBao is cheap, why don't everyone buy them? It's not as well build as the $400 wave maker.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back