Could I Condense My Livestock? Thoughts?

Zach72202

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within the last week I purchased a running setup Waterbox 25 with the following: (Package was $500 for those wondering)

Pair of breeding Darwin Clowns
Flame Scallop
Small Conch
Small Horseshoe Crab
Pincushion Urchin
Massive Red Bubble Tip Anemone
A few LPS corals and Clove Polyps on the scape already

Came with:
ATO unit and 5 gal tank
2 Ai Prime Lights+Ai Nero 3
Flipper Scraper
Acrylic Lid (Clearview I think)
Stand + Many reefing tools

Basically a turnkey setup that I put together and its fantastic. I originally intended to part it out and sell what I didn't need, but I really like the setup currently. Here's the problem:

I have a 32 Fluval Flex that I have running already and I want to transfer the livestock from there to this tank, but I want to know if it'll be a bad idea, or is there something else I can do.
I have gotten a few upgrades for the flex, like new media baskets, a clear lid (to upgrade lighting), and an ATO. In the flex, I have:
1 Banggai Cardinal
3 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Pincushion Urchin
A few types of clean up snails
Hammer Corals, a few mushrooms, and some other easy LPS

If given proper placement of the corals I have in the Flex, would the cardinal work out fine in the Waterbox 25? Would it be better to just keep it all separate and have two tanks running? I know the shrimp would need their own place due to the nem.

Thoughts? What would you do in this situation?
Attached Pic of Waterbox 25, sorry it isn't that great of an image.

20220522_212346.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Within the last week I purchased a running setup Waterbox 25 with the following: (Package was $500 for those wondering)

Pair of breeding Darwin Clowns
Flame Scallop
Small Conch
Small Horseshoe Crab
Pincushion Urchin
Massive Red Bubble Tip Anemone
A few LPS corals and Clove Polyps on the scape already

Came with:
ATO unit and 5 gal tank
2 Ai Prime Lights+Ai Nero 3
Flipper Scraper
Acrylic Lid (Clearview I think)
Stand + Many reefing tools

Basically a turnkey setup that I put together and its fantastic. I originally intended to part it out and sell what I didn't need, but I really like the setup currently. Here's the problem:

I have a 32 Fluval Flex that I have running already and I want to transfer the livestock from there to this tank, but I want to know if it'll be a bad idea, or is there something else I can do.
I have gotten a few upgrades for the flex, like new media baskets, a clear lid (to upgrade lighting), and an ATO. In the flex, I have:
1 Banggai Cardinal
3 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Pincushion Urchin
A few types of clean up snails
Hammer Corals, a few mushrooms, and some other easy LPS

If given proper placement of the corals I have in the Flex, would the cardinal work out fine in the Waterbox 25? Would it be better to just keep it all separate and have two tanks running? I know the shrimp would need their own place due to the nem.

Thoughts? What would you do in this situation?
Attached Pic of Waterbox 25, sorry it isn't that great of an image.

20220522_212346.jpg
Cardinal will work and you have mainly inverts which opens the door for additional fish

OP
OP
Zach72202

Zach72202

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think there might me an issue with aggression from the clowns? I read some stuff about peppermint shrimp eating corals, so I might take those to LFS. So return shrimp, move cardinal and corals, and all should be good? Ideally I would like to add another cardinal in hopes of breeding, but would aggression become an issue?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back