Could this Monti survive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Canned55
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Canned55

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2023
Messages
95
Reaction score
67
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this frag that was lost when upgrading my tank. It originally was not doing too hot. It was purple but now you can only see a little bit of the color. I do admit that my previous tank was not lit appropriately, but now it is under T5’s and i am pretty confident it could grow montipora now.

IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1834.jpeg
 
The pic is too blue to see any flesh, but if you say that you see flesh, then it has a good chance to come back. IMO
 
Montipora are very resilient. If there is any flesh left it can recover and spread if conditions are appropriate.
I've seen people frustrated trying to remove encrusting monti and missed a little sliver which eventually came back and took over the rock again.
 
Montipora are very resilient. If there is any flesh left it can recover and spread if conditions are appropriate.
I've seen people frustrated trying to remove encrusting monti and missed a little sliver which eventually came back and took over the rock again.
I’ve had an orange Cap that was like that, but that was under different conditions. I’m almost convinced that my LED’s just couldn't grow monti’s. Crossing my fingers that the T5’s could make up for that.
 
The pic is too blue to see any flesh, but if you say that you see flesh, then it has a good chance to come back. IMO
In the first picture you could see what I’m talking about. Sorry for how blue it looks. I don’t have a flash light to whiten things up, but i circled what part of the frag looks a little purple.

IMG_1835.jpeg
 
I would observe it a bit, but this looks like a clove polyp. If it is a clove polyp, you should pull that rock out of the tank before it spreads.

1744388761842.png
 
I've had Montis come back from no flesh and a single hidden polyp. As mentioned above, they're very resilient.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new