Crab & Snail shell question

MadScientist01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a couple of turbo snails and small blue leg hermit crabs in my tank. Im guessing that eventually they will outgrow their shells and need replacements. I found a set of cool looking shells on amazon but I’m not sure if theyre safe for aquariums. For example it doesnt specify if they are hand painted. If these shells aren’t safe where could i buy some shells that would work? Thanks

BD24F4E3-1E05-477C-9F1C-8F3A91C4AB46.png
 
Your LFS may have some - if you're looking for specific shells/styles of shells, you can find them in all sorts of places. If you're just looking for any shell that will work, Reef Cleaners is a great resource:
https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/tank-cleaners/empty-hermit-shells-detailhttps://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/tank-cleaners/medium-larger-empty-hermit-shells-detailhttps://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/tank-cleaners/6-empty-cone-shells-detail(The cone shells are specifically for Halloween Hermit Crabs, which prefer them.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new