OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had been running the brs ab+ schedule on my hydra 26s. I got growth but couldnt get good color out of my corals. So I figured what the heck, I'll try something else. Switched to the David Saxby schedule....that mixed with the addition of fish and all funky corals have greatly colored up. My rainbow monti has always looked pale and dull, now it's got the bright blue mat and multicolored polyps, my tri color acros tips are turning dark blue and working it's way down. My mind trick monti is getting its color back. I'm very happy with the direction my tank is going. :)
20190723_204439.jpg
20190723_204502.jpg
20190724_210428.jpg
20190724_210438.jpg
20190724_210451.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had been running the brs ab+ schedule on my hydra 26s. I got growth but couldnt get good color out of my corals. So I figured what the heck, I'll try something else. Switched to the David Saxby schedule....that mixed with the addition of fish and all funky corals have greatly colored up. My rainbow monti has always looked pale and dull, now it's got the bright blue mat and multicolored polyps, my tri color acros tips are turning dark blue and working it's way down. My mind trick monti is getting its color back. I'm very happy with the direction my tank is going. :)
20190723_204439.jpg
20190723_204502.jpg
20190724_210428.jpg
20190724_210438.jpg
20190724_210451.jpg
Beautiful, and that's what I'm running, ab+ on my hydras26hd's... if I don't like the way things go with the new frags I just got in today from the livesale I'm going to try saxby as well. Keep the updates coming please sir :)

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a long shot but @JimFuller on your 75, did you cut out the pre-cut part for the return line on the overflow?
Yes, I did. I'll post a picture on Sunday. I am flying home on Saturday. It will be nice to see my tank for the first time since 3/31/2029.

Hopefully, I can get thing ready for me to be gone for another 2 months in the month I am home.

Later @Crabs McJones
Jim Fuller

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I did. I'll post a picture on Sunday. I am flying home on Saturday. It will be nice to see my tank for the first time since 3/31/2029.

Hopefully, I can get thing ready for me to be gone for another 2 months in the month I am home.

Later @Crabs McJones
Jim Fuller
Any chance you still have it or did you toss the piece in the garbage. Long story short.i ended up going Herbie style after an almost overflow scare. And ran a return over the top and want to put that piece back to keep snails out. Other than having something 3d printed if you have the piece and dont want it I'd gladly take it off your hands :)

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you still have it or did you toss the piece in the garbage. Long story short.i ended up going Herbie style after an almost overflow scare. And ran a return over the top and want to put that piece back to keep snails out. Other than having something 3d printed if you have the piece and dont want it I'd gladly take it off your hands :)
I am sorry, but it is gone.

I fly Radio Control Airplanes. You can use a black plastic piece for them. Stop by any RC model shop and ask. It will glue into place with cynoacrilic glue, like we use for corals.

I added some height just to keep things out. I now touch the screen top that lays on it.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry, but it is gone.

I fly Radio Control Airplanes. You can use a black plastic piece for them. Stop by any RC model shop and ask. It will glue into place with cynoacrilic glue, like we use for corals.

I added some height just to keep things out. I now touch the screen top that lays on it.

Good Luck.
Worth a shot :) thank you :)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
definitely an upgrade in the right direction. Everything looking nice and healthy!!
Good Job !!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL :)

Here ya go ;)

I use a modified version of this as well.
Thank you. Modified how?
I set my lights to this setting today. I had my lights set on a pretty maxed out setting recently and the corals did respond well. Part of me thinks I should have just left it alone. But I want to maximize my coral growth and use my lights to their full potential. I checked PAR under that program and was happy with it.
In just this one day of less intense program one patch of zoas are stretching out.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine, similar but a little different. I got this from @jsker who got it from WWC. I just modified the white a little and has less ups and downs.

AI Seting7-19.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You read that right! After talking about it for over a year now, Crabs is finally making the upgrade to a 75! I love my 40 breeder, but i'm constrained by space and the fish I can stock. I really enjoy the depth that a 40 breeder has, and a 75 is a foot longer and a bit taller.
Let me preface this buy informing right out the gate that this is going to be an extremely slow build. I'm technically not allowed to set up this new tank until we move into our new house. (we haven't even found a house we like yet or put our current one on the market...to give you some sort of time frame ;) ) But I'll be gathering up parts, and prepping the tank for moving day!
So come along on my next step in my reefing journey won't you?

So here's my plan in a nutshell;
Going to pursue a bare bottom tank. All new dry rock with a little of the live rock from my current tank to seed it.
I'm going to transfer my coral from the 40 to the 75. But i'm going to do it as frags or small colonies. I'm going to be very perticular about coral placement this time around. I'm having issues in my current tank with corals running into eachother and fighting. Specifically my mushrooms killing the base encrusing parts of my acros and mille's. I will not be transfering any mushrooms and potentially any zoanthids.

I've landed on a 75 gallon reef ready that my "local" fish store (60 miles away) has on sale right now. I've never done "reef ready" and always done either hang on back overflow or drilled my own. So i'm excited to try a tank that is already drilled and ready to go, just needs to be plumbed.

Most of my equipment is already set for a larger tank. My skimmer is rated for 100 gallons, my sump and heater should be good to go as well. Just have to re-plum it.

I will likely be building my own stand with the help of my uncle who does wood working.

No pictures yet. I'm driving down friday afternoon to pick up the tank.

I'm super excited and I hope you are too :D :D
Love it and congrats on the new tank!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back